Learn real-world investing in our Finance Lab
DePaul University hosts a state-of-the-art Finance Lab, which provides students in-depth experience with some of the leading technology and software in use by professionals today.
The university made a strategic decision to invest in the Virtual Trading Room in 2008, and a renewed investment in 2012 by expanding its capabilities in a new facility.
The Finance Lab, located on the 5th floor of the DePaul Center, hosts:
- Thirty dual-monitor student computer stations
- Newswire services
- Analytical tools portfolio analytics
- Trading platforms
- Risk management software
- 12 Bloomberg terminals
Currently, the following courses utilize the Finance Lab:
- Introduction to Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Money and Banking
- Honors Investments
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Portfolio Management
- Risk Management
- Derivatives Valuation
- Quantitative Methods in Finance
- Cases in Investments and Financial Engineering
- Currency and Technical Trading
- Applied International Portfolio Management
- Investment Seminar
Students are encouraged to experience the hands-on training provided by these courses, and to enroll in Bloomberg Aptitude Training, which the university offers quarterly.
You can learn more about the Lab and the direct impact it has on student's education in the short video below.