The Master of Science in Finance program will provide you with the real-world skills necessary to succeed as a financial management professional. You will acquire a deep understanding of modern financial markets and the instruments and tools used in the industry. You'll learn to develop strategic financial objectives, improve investment decisions, design financial instruments, manage corporate risk and seize new business opportunities.
This degree is designed for the student who has earned a bachelor's degree, or who has earned or is earning an MBA.
Through the MS in Finance program, you will develop skills in:
- Financial decision-making techniques and strategies.
- Creating and developing solutions to complex financial problems.
- Designing, using and evaluating financial tools and instruments.
- Developing proposals for profitability and productivity.
- Outlining and identifying strategic financial objectives.
- Risk analysis.
The MS in Finance program is offered at DePaul's Loop Campus, in the heart of Chicago's financial district, allowing you to learn in the setting in which you will be working. You will be encouraged to complete an internship and participate in extracurricular activities and seminars around Chicago.
Graduates have career paths that include portfolio manager, commercial lending officer, investment banker and CFO. Major firms routinely recruit students from this program.