The Organizational Diversity MBA concentration is an interdisciplinary program that will prepare you to lead diversity initiatives at a wide range of organizations. Through a combination of business and communication courses, you'll study the dimensions, policies and procedures that encompass management of strategic diversity initiatives in industry, government, not-for-profits, public policy agencies, health care and education organizations.
In this concentration, you will gain the knowledge, competencies and skills to:
- Develop and manage an effective, comprehensive organizational diversity initiative.
- Incorporate legal and ethical principles into diversity efforts.
- Attract, hire, promote and create an inclusive environment for diverse employees.
- Establish training and development programs that emphasize diversity competencies for all employees.
- Lead efforts to promote working in diverse teams, empowerment, conflict resolution and negotiation in the workplace.
- Implement change models to increase diversity in organizations across functional areas.
This MBA concentration will put you on the career track for positions that include global business manager, chief diversity officer, diversity and inclusion consultant, chief human resource officer and talent acquisition manager. Opportunities for organizational diversity leaders are growing as organizations increasingly seek to cultivate and retain diverse workforces in a globalized business environment.