The Center for Strategy, Execution and Valuation's initiative, the Strategic Risk Management Lab, provides an engagement platform and forum for thought leaders and business leaders in Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Strategic Risk Management. The Strategic Risk Management Lab provides collaborative research in the Strategic Risk Management and ERM areas and co-creating and sharing of best practices in Strategic Risk Management based on the extensive research on high performance companies in The Center for Strategy, Execution and Valuation.
Our offerings include quarterly executive forums for directors, executives and management teams interested in developing Strategic Risk Management as a core competency. These forums will include the latest diagnostics for assessing an organization's ERM and Strategic Risk Management process and capabilities. Board members and organizational leaders involved in ERM and those advising boards and management in Strategic Risk Management can benefit from these seminars.
Groundbreaking research in aligning strategy and risk management is ongoing at The Center. The cover article in the May 2007 issue of Strategic Finance "Strategic Risk Management: Creating and Protecting Value" by Dr. Mark L. Frigo and Dr. Mark Beasley (COSO board member and Director of the ERM Initiative at North Carolina State University) and the January 2008 article in Strategic Finance authored by Dr. Frigo "When Strategy and ERM Meet" are the basis for workshops for board members and executive team on strategic risk assessment and strategic risk management as part of effective ERM.
We have presented executive workshops and keynote presentations throughout North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific:
- CFO Summits (North America)
- CFO Summit (Singapore)
- CFO Summit (New Zealand)
- CFO Summit (Prague)
- United Nations Agencies (Geneva, Switzerland)
- University of Geneva (Switzerland)
- Executive Summit (Trinidad)
- Executive Summit (Milan, Italy)
- RIMS International Confernces
Recent articles and books include:
- Frigo, Mark L. and Richard J. Anderson, Strategic Risk Management: A Primer for Directors and Management Teams, (2010)
- Frigo, Mark L. The Balanced Scorecard: Applications in Internal Auditing and Risk Management, Institute of Internal Auditors Research Foundation (2014)
- Frigo, Mark L. "Strategic Risk Management: The New Core Competency" Balanced Scorecard Report (Harvard Business Publishing) January-February 2009
- Frigo, Mark L. and Richard J. Anderson, "Risk Management Frameworks: Adapt, Don't Adopt" Strategic Finance (January 2014)
- Frigo, Mark L. and Hans Læssøe "Strategic Risk Management the LEGO Group: Integrating Risk Management and Strategy" Strategic Finance (February 2012) cover article
- Frigo, Mark L. and Richard J. Anderson, "Strategic Risk Management: A Primer for Directors" Director Notes (The Conference Board) July 2012
- Frigo, Mark L. and Richard J. Anderson, "Strategic Risk Management" Harvard Law School on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, August 2012
- Frigo, Mark L. and Richard J. Anderson, "What Directors Should Ask About Risk Management" Strategic Finance April 2012
- Frigo, Mark L. and Richard J. Anderson, Embracing Enterprise Risk Management: Practical Approaches for Getting Started, COSO (2011)
- Frigo, Mark L. and Richard J. Anderson, "Strategic Risk Management: A Foundation for Enterprise Risk Management and Governance" Journal of Corporate Accounting and Finance Spring 2011
- Frigo, Mark L. and Richard J. Anderson, "What is Strategic Risk Management?" Strategic Finance March 2011
- Frigo, Mark L. and Richard J. Anderson “"Strategic Risk Assessment: A First Step for Risk Management and Governance" Strategic Finance December 2009 (cover article)
- Frigo, Mark L. and Richard J. Anderson "Is it Time to Consider a Risk Committee?" Strategic Finance August 2009
- Frigo, Mark L. and Richard J. Anderson "Strategic GRC: 10 Steps to Implementation" Internal Auditor June 2009
- Frigo, Mark L. and Venkat Ramaswamy, "Co-Creating Strategic Risk-Return Management" Strategic Finance, May 2009 (cover article)
- Frigo, Mark L. and Richard J. Anderson, "A Strategy Framework for Governance, Risk and Compliance" Strategic Finance, February 2009
Mark L. Frigo, PhD, CPA, CMA is a recognized thought leader in strategic risk management. He is Director of The Center for Strategy, Execution and Valuation in the Kellstadt Graduate School of Business; Ledger & Quill Alumni Foundation.