DePaul's Accountancy Transfer Scholars Program offers new students enrolling in the summer or fall the chance to rapidly advance their academic work, and to gain access to important internship opportunities as soon as their first term at DePaul.
Critical internships are a vital part of launching a career, but many accounting firms only interview in the fall, and many require at least one DePaul accounting course before considering students.
Students selected for the program will have the option to take that first course—ACC 304 Financial Reporting I—for free in an accelerated class format in August prior to the start of the fall term. That class will provide the foundation accounting firms require to interview for internships.
In addition to the August class at no charge, DePaul’s Transfer Accountancy Scholars Program students will have access to:
- Consideration for academic scholarships of up to $26,000 over two years, with additional scholarship opportunities and financial aid awards available upon admission
- Large CPA firms for full-time internships in audit, tax, and other fields
- A professional mentor working in accounting to discuss future plans and important career navigation strategies
- University Career Center resources and coaching
- Additional tutoring outside of class to ensure academic success
- Student organizations led by current accounting students such as Accounting Club, Beta Alpha Psi, Institute of Internal Auditors, Midwest Association of Hispanic Accountants, National Association of Black Accountants, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Ascend
Preview of the internship recruiting process, including timeline, career and job fairs, practice interviews, and more
- Professional networking activities in auditing, tax, and other fields, open only to DePaul students with major accounting firms in Chicago such as EY, RSM, Deloitte, and KPMG
- Admitted transfer student, beginning classes in summer or autumn 2019
- A 3.3 GPA or higher from prior transfer school
- Completion of Principles of Financial Accounting, with grade B or higher
- Completion of Principles of Managerial Accounting, with grade B or higher
- Accounting, business administration or undeclared major
"Transfer students continue to be a great source of talent for our firm. We are proud to have developed the EY Scholars scholarship fund to financial and mentoring support to DePaul’s transfer accounting students."
Michael Whelan, EY Partner, Assurance Services
"Transfer students who work hard and excel are a great source of talent. I know this because, once upon a time, I was a transfer student."
Cathy Baumann, KPMG, Audit Partner
"DePaul has a rich history of successfully onboarding transfer students to complete their degrees and engage with the business community. We are delighted to recruit these talented students to build our vision as first-choice advisor to the middle market."
Paul J. Nockels and Daniel Levenson, RSM Partner
Eligible students are invited by DePaul and the School of Accountancy & MIS. For more information, please contact email@example.com.