MBA, Finance and Statistics, University of Chicago, 1996
BA, Economics, University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana, 1984
Certified Financial Planner™ professional, 1996
Chartered Financial Analyst charterholder, 2005
Scott Wentsel, CFA, CFP® is the President of Wentsel Wealth Management, LLC, a fee-only financial advisory firm offering investment management and financial planning services. Wentsel has spent his 30-year career learning everything he can about the investment industry as an executive, portfolio manager, educator and financial product development expert.
Throughout his career, he has maintained a focus on financial planning and education. He has been a certified financial planner certificant since 1996 and a chartered financial analyst charter holder since 2005. He has been an adjunct professor at DePaul University’s department of finance since 2011 and spent eight years teaching graduate courses at Lake Forest Graduate School of Management as well.
Career highlights include:
- Chief Investment Officer, Americas, Morningstar Investment Management
- Trustee, ALPS Variable Investment Trust
- Senior portfolio manager, Ibbotson Associates Investment Advisory Group
- Executive Director, product solutions group, Van Kampen Investments/Morgan Stanley
- Vice President of product development, Scudder Kemper Investment