The Hospitality Leadership MBA concentration will help you develop skills to become a successful leader in the business of hospitality and tourism. You'll gain skills to take a leadership role within hospitality operations in the context of guest experience and quality assurance. This concentration is ideal if you are a hospitality industry professional with a strong desire to enhance your knowledge and business skills or if you are looking to change your career and want to join the business side of hospitality operations.
In this concentration, you will:
- Develop advanced hospitality leadership practices within the various industry segments (lodging, food and beverage, events, private clubs, etc.).
- Understand current trends in the industry and acquire the necessary skill set involving customer relationship management and service delivery.
- Learn management, marketing and hospitality strategies to enhance the business.
- Engage with fellow hospitality students who will become important career contacts.
- Have access to a world-class metropolitan environment in Chicago, allowing you to supplement knowledge from the classroom with real-world skills gained from learning and working within a vibrant hospitality scene.
The Hospitality Management MBA concentration can lead you into many different careers in the hospitality industry, including executive management and revenue management, or operating your own event planning firm or restaurant. Forbes reports that travel and tourism make up nine percent of global GDP and, as big as the industry is, it has the potential to be a lot bigger. Within the next decade, it is anticipated that this industry will create an additional 75 million jobs. It is a great time to become a part of an industry that distinguished itself as the art and science of serving and pleasing.