The Coleman Entrepreneurship Center empowers students, alumni and our community members to build sustainable businesses that do good and do well in Chicago. We are the hub to connect, advise and inspire entrepreneurship and innovation in creating businesses with purpose and passion. Our experiential programs, vibrant ecosystem and academic curriculum cultivate a foundation for entrepreneurial success for our entire DePaul community.
Supported by a $5 million-plus grant from the Coleman Foundation, the center launched in 2003 and opened a 5,000-square-foot facility in 2016. The center complements DePaul's renowned academic entrepreneurship program, which was founded by Coleman Entrepreneurship Chair Harold Welsch in the 1980s.
Coleman Center Team
The Coleman Entrepreneurship Center’s Advisory Board is a consultative group of distinguished Chicago-area entrepreneurs that helps the center fulfill its mission and advance its overall outcomes. It strives to create a dynamic relationship between DePaul’s educational efforts and the Chicago entrepreneurial community.
- Carol Bramson (BUS ’89), president and founder, TBG Capital, LLC
- Marion Cameron, CEO, Sipi Metals Corp.
- John Crosson (MBA ’95), founder, MainStreet Advisors
- John Dilenschneider (MS ’92), owner and CEO, WebQA
- Russ Gottesman (MBA ’11), founder and CEO, CommuterAds
- Joan Hannant, founder and president, The Soma Institute
- Michael Hennessy, president, Coleman Foundation
- Dave Jackson, principal, Evanston Advisors
- Bob Nuber, managing director, Technology, troncX visors
- Allen Kutchins , CPA, (MST ’75), founding partner, Kutchins, Robbins & Diamond, Ltd.
- Greg Silich (BS ’84), CEO, closerlook, inc.
- Kevin Taylor (BA ’97, DBA ’20), principal, startup advisor and investor
- Harold Welsch (BS ’66, MBA ’68), professor and Coleman Foundation Endowed Chair in Entrepreneurship
- Jim Wicklander, strategic account manager, Lake County Press
- Darrell Williams (BS ’81), CEO, Loop Capital
Coleman Fellows are DePaul University faculty who teach across disciplines, many of which fall outside the Driehaus College of Business. They integrate concepts of entrepreneurship into their classes, extending the reach and impact of entrepreneurship education across campus. The program is sponsored in part by The Coleman Foundation.
Coleman Fellow, 2016-2017:
Eiron Cudaback | Assistant Professor, College of Science and Health
William Martin | Professor, Driehaus College of Business
Tim Cole | Associate Professor, College of Communication
Campus Advisory Team
The center's advisory team includes DePaul faculty and staff who support the center's entrepreneurship efforts. They are valued members of DePaul's entrepreneurial community and help us extend the reach of the center across the entire university.
- Assistance to students across campus who have entrepreneurial interests.
- Recommendations on how the center can support and collaborate with academic/administrative departments, centers and institutes, student organizations and campuses.
- Awareness of the services and programs available to students across the university through the Coleman Center.
- Olayele Adelakun, College of Computing and Digital Media
- Jane Baxter, College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
- Lemont Black, Driehaus College of Business
- Karen Burgard, Driehaus College of Business
- Raman Chadha, Driehaus College of Business
- Ed Childs, Career Center
- Tim Cole, College of Communications
- Chris Collins, Office of Advancement
- Arlene Cortez, Office of Advancement
- Robin Florzak, Driehaus College of Business
- Ruth Gannon Cook, School of New Learning
- Shelley Gibbons, School of Hospitality Leadership
- Daniel Gillespie, College of Law
- Andrew Gold, College of Law
- Lisa Gundry, Driehaus College of Business
- Lawrence Hamer, Driehaus College of Business
- Kathy Hillegonds, Driehaus College of Business
- Christa Hinton, Kellstadt Graduate School of Business
- Judy Hogel, Chicago Family Business Council
- Elizabeth Hollendoner, Office of Advancement
- Kathryn C. Ibata-Arens, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Xiaoping Jia, College of Computing and Digital Media
- Christie Klimas, College of Science and Health
- Tracy Krahl, Alumni Relations
- John Lump, Driehaus College of Business
- Jason Martin, College of Communication
- William "Marty" Martin, Driehaus College of Business
- John Mazzeo, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Karyn McCoy, Career Center
- Craig Miller, College of Computing and Digital Media
- Javier Monllor, Driehaus College of Business
- Carol Montgomery, Career Center
- James Moore, Driehaus College of Business
- Keala Murdock, Career Center
- Patrick J. Murphy, Driehaus College of Business
- Tom Nguyen, Office of Advancement
- Matt Ragas, College of Communication
- Felicia Richardson-McGee, Kellstadt Graduate School of Business
- Lisa Riley, Office of Advancement
- John Ronquillo, School of Public Service
- Howard Rosing, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Alan Salzenstein, School of Music
- Leslie Shook, The Theatre School
- Gina Sian, Alumni Sharing Knowledge
- Gillian Steele, Career Center
- Terry Steinbach, College of Computing and Digital Media
- Jason Ulaszek, College of Computing and Digital Media
- T.J. Veneris, Office of Advancement
- Harold Welsch, Driehaus College of Business
- Scott Young, Driehaus College of Business
Coleman Entrepreneurship Center
1 E. Jackson Blvd., Suite 7900
Chicago, IL 60604