The business college has partnered with Driehaus Capital Management to offer the Driehaus Investment Competition for students. You'll gain hands-on research skills to prepare for a career in investment and asset management and also learn about the Driehaus Growth Investment Philosophy, drivers of stock performance in individual sectors and how to develop investment cases.
As part of the competition, you will:
Present ideas to a panel of Driehaus investment professionals and DePaul finance faculty
- Be evaluated on individual stock returns relative to the market (50 percent) as well as the strength of your investment case (30 percent) and presentation skills (20 percent).
Competition Prize and Schedule
The competition will take place in the 2018 fall quarter through the 2019 spring quater. You'll also have opportunities to meet with a range of Driehaus firm employees and a chance to win cash prizes, courtesy of Driehaus Capital Management LLC:
- Best overall performance on each sector team: $1,500
- sector with best relative returns Best (per team member): $750
- Aggregate portfolio exceeds the Russell 2000 Index (per participant): $100
Approximately 25 students will be selected. Competitors will attend:
- A kick-off workshop on Oct. 12
- Analyst training workshops on Oct. 261
- Presentation meetings on Nov. 9, Jan. 25 and March 8.
- Performance update and guest speaker meeting on Dec. 7.
- Recommended performance update and guest speaker meetings on Feb. 22 and April 5, 2019
- Award ceremony and luncheon on May 10
All meetings will be help between from noon to 2 p.m. Exact timing may vary.
Who is Eligible?
Driehaus College of Business students with sophomore, junior or senior status.
- Must be enrolled at DePaul for the full academic year 2018-2019.
- Cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- No previous investment coursework or experience required, but you must have an interest in learning about it.
How to Apply
- Complete the application form below.
- Attach your current résumé and essay, answering the noted question.
The application deadline is Sept. 28. You'll be notified by Oct. 5 about your acceptance.