The School of Accountancy and Management Information Systems offers a superior education at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. The core attributes of the top-tier programs include:
- Dynamic connections to Chicago and the city's unparalleled accounting community.
- Small classes and personal attention, in the private college tradition.
- Unsurpassed job placement and an alumni network that reaches to the top ranks of corporations, public accounting firms, education and government.
- Highly professional, well-connected faculty that is committed, first and foremost, to teaching.
- Customized options offered by three undergraduate degree tracks and six graduate degree programs.
- Clear international perspective with the specific courses to match.
The mission of the School of Accountancy and Management Information Systems (SOAMIS) is to provide its graduates with an education that adds immediate value to accounting, management information systems (MIS) and other professional organizations in Chicagoland and beyond.
The school delivers to its diverse student body nationally recognized, innovative teaching, as well as exceptional engagement with accounting, MIS and other professional communities. The school values and delivers high-quality applied, pedagogical and theoretical research that informs the classroom, the profession and academia.
Student Success Outcomes: 2015 Statistics
CPA Exam Pass Rates (2015)
First-time testing within one year of graduation:
- Bachelor's degree candidates
- 49.2% pass
- 71.9 average score
- 130 candidates
- Master's degree candidates
- 69.6% pass
- 78.0 average score
- 53 candidates
Accountancy Students, Career Outcomes
- 92% of bachelor's degree recipients in full-time roles are in a job related to their degree
- $52,857 median salary
Public Accounting Firm Hiring
- 264 total full-time and intern hires
- Top firms: Deloitte, KPMG, EY, PwC, RSM, Plante Moran, GT, BDO, Crowe Horwath
First-Year Business Students, Academic Profile
- High School GPA: 3.5
- ACT Score (Composite): 24.6
- SAT Score (Composite): 1,081
College of Business Retention and Graduation
- 85.0% retention rate of first-year students
- 61.3% graduated within four years
- 75.9% graduated within five years
- 76.8% graduated within six years
1 E. Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60604