The mission of the Student Ambassador Program is to provide the School of Hospitality Leadership with student leaders who participate in an official capacity at events and industry engagement opportunities throughout the year. This program, which brings together majors from various concentration areas, serves to enrich and enhance leadership and communication skills, personal growth, and professional development for its membership while creating long lasting ties with their future alma mater.
Student Ambassadors will act as liaisons between the School and prospective and current students and their families, guests, alumni, business partners, and friends of the SHL by engaging in activities that:
- Communicating the mission, vision, and culture of the School of Hospitality Leadership
- Strengthen our relationships and ties
- Promote the School of Hospitality Leadership and DePaul University pride
- Encourage lifelong involvement with the School of Hospitality Leadership and the university
- Required attendance at an Autumn mandatory training session
- Participation in a minimum of two (2) Student Ambassador activities annually
- Maintain enrollment in at least twelve (12) credit hours while you are an Ambassador
- Student Ambassador attire is to be worn at all events being worked
- Demonstration of high standard of professionalism at all times
Potential Opportunities for Engagement*
- Two School of Hospitality Leadership Advisory Council meetings
- Three Freshman Orientation Presentations/Fairs
- Two Study Abroad Fairs
- School of Hospitality Leadership Awards Banquet
- School of Hospitality Leadership Career Fair
- Major/Minor Fair
- National Restaurant Association (NRA) Show
- Summer Orientation Fairs
- Hospitality Industry Associations Golf Outings
To apply to become a School of Hospitality Leadership Student Ambassador just complete the application: Ambassador Program Application.pdf and email it to Shelley Gibbons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Any of these events can be used for the HSP 3 milestone course.