The Operations Management MBA concentration will teach you the fundamental principles of managing the efficient transformation of materials and labor into goods and services. The course sequence allows you to customize your academic track to focus on quality, technology or service management. Regardless of the track you chose, you'll learn the basic principles of effective operations management that are used by world-class organizations.
In this concentration, you will gain knowledge and abilities to:
- Manage operations in a variety of organizations.
- Formulate and implement effective operations strategy.
- Manage processes to provide superior quality services and products.
- Analyze and design superior business and transformation processes.
- Guide large, multi-functional projects.
- Lead the implementation of new technology and innovations.
- Transform service businesses to provide superior operations.
This MBA concentration will put you on the career track for positions that include supply chain manager, operations research analyst, purchasing manager, operations manager, production manager and quality assurance manager. Graduates of the program have advanced to upper level management positions in both manufacturing and service organizations. Job prospects for professionals in this field are favorable, with employment expected to grow 22 percent by 2020, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.