Hosted by the School of Accountancy & MIS, the DePaul National Tax Education Summer Institute offers tax education for tax professionals throughout the country. The four-week program links tax theory to tax issues that new professionals in the field encounter with clients.
This year's program will kick off on June 17 at DePaul's Chicago Loop Campus. Click on the registration links below to sign up.
Our 2019 registration cost is $1,550 per individual. Early bird discount of $100 per attendee is available for up to four weeks before the day of the event. Group discounts are available for firms sending 10 or more individuals. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Week 1: Foundations
- Computing Business Tax Returns, including Form 1065, 1120S, Sch C
- Depreciation: §179, §1245, §1250
- Researching Individual Tax Topics
- Property Transactions and Form 4797
Week 2: Intermediate I
- Estate and Gift Taxation Fundamentals
- Trust and Estate Tax Returns
- Partnership Tax Issues
- Partnership Liability Issues
- Adv. Distributions and Mixing Bowl Transactions
Week 3: Intermediate II
- Issues in C Corporations
- Issues in S Corporations
- State and Local Taxation
- Multistate Taxation
- Accounting Methods and Periods
Week 4: Advanced
- Special Problems for C and S Corporations
- Buying & Selling C and S Corporations
- Choice of Entity Corporations
Steven Thompson and William Kulsrud are the lead instructors for the 2019
program. They bring years of teaching taxation at the university level, as well
as years of practical experience in taxation. In additional to being
knowledgeable tax professionals, they are experienced speakers. They lead
lively, interesting and engaging sessions.
Steven Thompson, CPA
Emeritus Professor of Accounting, Texas State University
William Kulsrud, CPA
Emeritus Professor of Accounting, Indiana University-Bloomington
John Connors, CPA, JD, LLM
President, Tax Educators Network, AICPA Educator of the Year
Patrick Kelley, CPA
Julie Welch, CPA, PFS, CFP
Partner, Meara Welch Browne, P.C.
DePaul offers a number of discounts at local area hotels near the
university's loop campus. Visit
hotels for more information.