Economics 393: Internship in Applied Economics
This course provides an opportunity to apply knowledge acquired in the classroom to a real-world situation within a private or public enterprise. Registration is by permission of the instructor following internship approval. The course can be used to satisfy the Liberal Studies Experiential Learning requirement or as an open elective. The course is not applicable to the economics electives required for the major or minor in economics.
Your internship should meet the following criteria:
- An opportunity to explore career interests.
- Provide interaction that allows the intern to learn about the organization's goals and objectives.
- Include tasks that enhance analytical, technical and interpersonal skills.
- Involve a minimum of 100 hours of work during the quarter in which the student is enrolled in the course and lasts for the entire 10 weeks of the term.
- Be no more than 25 percent clerical work.
Step 3: Verify enrollment in ECO 393
- Once your internship has been approved, the course instructor will register you for ECO 393.
- Log in to campus connect and confirm ECO 393 is listed in your course schedule.
- Use this opportunity to its fullest. Many students land their first job through internships!