The Accountancy MBA concentration provides you with coursework that is critical to decision-making in the accounting profession. The program includes theory and concepts, technical knowledge, practical skills and familiarization with the tools and methodologies used by an accountant or a manager making accounting decisions.
You will develop skills in critical thinking, problem-solving and financial management. You will gain business acumen to understand financial transactions within a company. The curriculum covers all of the accounting course areas to prepare you to sit for the CPA exam.
You will graduate with a set of varied competencies, all of which are highly sought after in the accounting field. The structure of the concentration will provide you with:
- A comprehensive curriculum covering all important sectors of the field identified by top-ranking members of the auditing and accounting profession, including big data analysis, internal audit, fraud and forensic accounting, and information systems.
- Opportunities to work with audit systems used by accounting professionals.
- Experience learning from nationally and internationally recognized faculty.
- Access to a large and active alumni group called Ledger & Quill, which supports students with scholarship opportunities, mentorship and annual networking events.
- Several accounting-related student organizations, allowing for interaction with peers, alumni and working professionals.
The Accountancy MBA concentration prepares you for careers in firms of all sizes in corporate and industry accounting, as well as consulting practices, nonprofits and government offices. DePaul's strong ties to the Chicago financial and business community create unique job opportunities for students.