The Master of Science in Taxation (Online) offers the same high-quality instruction, outstanding faculty and content-rich curriculum as its on-campus counterpart, the Master of Science in Taxation, but with the increased flexibility of the program being available entirely online.
The online format provides students the opportunity to gain the necessary skills to excel in the field of taxation through a study-at-your-own-pace program. Through the program, you will develop a detailed understanding and base of knowledge regarding tax statutes, tax regulations and the Internal Revenue Code.
The program is specifically structured for, but not limited to, working professionals to enhance understanding and analysis of complex tax statutes, tax regulations, related cases and rulings, and the Internal Revenue Code. Key elements of the program include:
- Core courses cover current problems in taxation, federal income tax procedures, tax accounting, periods and methods, tax research, and taxation of corporations and shareholders.
- Classes are taught in an asynchronous fashion, meaning you will not have to be online at a specific time. You can study and follow the weekly content at your own pace; however, there will be weekly deadlines and assignments to complete.
- Classwork typically includes a combination of video lectures, online homework or quizzes, examinations, and work with/review of Excel worksheets, chapter materials, PowerPoint presentations, screen narratives and more through a learning web portal. Class content varies based on the class and professor.
- Students will have the opportunity to meet with their professors weekly in a live webcast where they can ask questions and interact in real time with the professor.
- Exams are facilitated through a secure online proctoring service. A webcam is required to be able to take exams. Additional details for this will be provided in your online class content.
Alumni of our taxation program continue to achieve some of the highest career advancement opportunities and are consistently recruited by some of the city's major firms and organizations.